Sunday, March 8, 2009

Double Doubler & Gandalf the Grey

I haven't posted in a couple weeks, mostly because I've been a house-body. If you don't go out, there's nothing exciting to blog about! However, that was not the case this weekend.

I got off work at 8, and headed downtown to meet up with Buckeye (his real name is Matt, but our friend Mike dubbed him the nickname 'Buckeye' since he went to OSU.) Buckeye and I got some food, then met up with Ted, Mike and Kyle to play the 'all you can bowl' from 11:30-2:00 at Cherry Grove Lanes. I started out hot with a 192, but failed to reach that mark the rest of the night. None of us really bowled spectacular, but there was a girl 2 frames down from us that put up a 259. We were watching her as she had a perfect game through 7 frames, but in the 8th frame she left the 10 pin, thus ending the chance of bowling the elusive 300. Still an impressive game, though.

We got back to Buckeye's place around 3 am, woke up the next morning, and hit the road for Kalamazoo, MI.


We were going to Michigan to pick up a car that Ted's Dad fixed up for him, and we probably didn't all need to go, but we thought it'd be fun to road trip it up there.

We took our time getting up there, stopping for lunch, and getting gas. When we filled up for gas, I bought 4 $1 scratch off tickets (cleverly named the Double Doubler), one for each of us. One of us won $5 (I can't remember who, but I know it wasn't me) so we cashed that in for 5 more tickets. The four of us went on a pretty long winning streak, and kept cashing in our tickets for more tickets. There's a term for this. Gambling addiction.

Our streak finally ended, 50 tickets later.

We hit the road again, and started making pretty good time. Right up until we stopped at a rest area.

Mike, Ted and Buckeye went to the bathroom while I waited in the car. About 5 minutes later, Mike comes out laughing his head off, and he could barely get a sentence out. But here's what I gathered from the situation after talking to Ted:

Mike was washing his hands and Ted was finishing up at a urinal when an older gentleman walked into the restroom (probably in his 60's). The man started chatting it up with them, then unzipped his pants, and put the snake through the hole to do his business. Now, most guys stay pretty focused during this process. Head down, both hands on the trigger. They might still talk a little, but they keep it to a minimum.

This, however, was not this guy's style. As Ted was washing his hands, the man turned to him and Mike, and continued talking, while his wrinklebeast was still hanging out, in all its glory.

Mike and Ted both knew it was there, but focused every muscle in their body towards looking the man directly in the eye. They slowly backed away, fumbling towards the door, and left.

After everyone piled back in the car, the man walked out of the bathroom. We started to drive away, and I rolled the window down so Ted could give him a wave. He did. And the man waved back, with a big smile on his face.

We made it to Kalamazoo around 5 or 6, played some Wii, then went to dinner. Later that night, we played some cards, and this was when Mike came up with a nickname for the man at the rest stop. Gandalf the Grey (from Lord of the Rings). There are several perverted connections to be made here, but instead of telling them to you, I'll just let your imagination run wild. After cards, we called it a night(after making a midnight run for 4th meal), because we had to wake up at 7:00 drive back to cincy.


With only 4 hours sleep or so, we hit the road at 7 am. We split up on the way back, since Ted had to drive his car. Buckeye rode with me, and Mike rode with Ted. We decided that the drive home wouldn't be complete without stopping at the gas station in Anna, OH, that sparked the hot streak of scratch off winners. We bought about $10 worth, and started scratching away.

Our luck wasn't quite as good as before, but we were still getting winners, and of course, cashing them in for more tickets. When I walked up to cash in $16 worth of winners, I decided to change it up a bit, and get 8 $2 tickets called 'The Luck of the Irish'. I had a pretty good feeling about it, seeing as I'm half Irish, and St. Patty's Day is less than 2 weeks away.

My first ticket was a dud, but my second was a $100 winner. Fighting the urge to get 100 $1 tickets, I cashed it in, and split the money with my gambling partners.

We got home around 2:00, played some golf, then I headed to my basketball double-header. Unfortunately we lost both, and I'm pretty sure I got dehydrated after the games.

That's pretty much my weekend in a nutshell (a rather large nutsell), and if you've made it this far, you deserve to be rewarded. So here's your You Tube Video of the week:

1 comment: